107D. Reference to Transfer Pricing Officer.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 107C of this Ordinance,-
(a) the Deputy Commissioner of Taxes, with prior approval of the Board, may refer the determination of the arm’s length price under section 107C to the Transfer Pricing Officer;
(b) the Transfer Pricing Officer, with prior approval of the Board, may proceed to determine the arm’s length price in relation to any international transaction.
(2) Where a reference is made or any proceedings have been initiated under sub-section (1), the Transfer Pricing Officer shall serve a notice on the assessee requiring him to produce or cause to be produced on a date to be specified therein, any evidence on which the assessee may rely in support of his computation of the arm’s length price in relation to the international transaction in question.
(3) The Transfer Pricing Officer shall, after considering the evidence produced before him or available to him including the evidence as he may require on any specified points from the assessee or from any other person, and after taking into account all relevant materials which he has gathered shall, by order in writing, determine the arm’s length price in relation to the international transaction in accordance with section 107C of this Ordinance and send a copy of his order to the Deputy Commissioner of Taxes.
(4) The Deputy Commissioner of Taxes, upon receipt of the order under sub-section (3), shall proceed to compute the total income of the assessee in conformity with the arm’s length price so determined by the Transfer Pricing Officer.
(5) The Transfer Pricing Officer may rectify any order passed by him under sub-section (3) so as to correct any mistake apparent from the record either of his own motion or on the mistake having been brought to his notice by the assessee or any other income tax authority, and the provisions of section 173 of this Ordinance shall, so far as may be, apply accordingly.
(6) Where any rectification is made under sub-section (5), the Transfer Pricing Officer shall send a copy of his order to the Deputy Commissioner of Taxes who shall thereafter proceed to amend the order of assessment in conformity with such order of the Transfer Pricing Officer.
Golden Bangladesh is a point of access to information.We present information from diverse sources in a unified way. It is the leading web portal, e-Directory and business guide in Bangladesh.