19. Cancellation of registration.-
(1) A registered person ceasing to supply of taxable goods or providing of taxable services or import-export of any goods or export any goods or services shall inform the concerned Officer within 14 days of such cessation and, if the concerned Officer is satisfied that the person has no unsettled liability to pay value added tax or, supplementary duty, as the case may be, he shall, on a date fixed by him, cancel the registration of such person in accordance with the procedures set by Rules .
Provided that in the light of proviso to Sub-section (2) of section 15 if the registration is given by a Divisional Officer by order of the Board, the concerned Commissioner shall, before cancellation of registration, send i report with recommendation for cancellation of registration along with all information to the Board and the Board, having heard the concerned organization decided for cancellation, the concerned officer shall take steps for cancellation for registration.
(1a) If the concerned Officer is satisfied on investigation that the registered person has obtained the registration by furnishing untrue information, he may, after giving him reasonable opportunity of being heard, cancel the registration of the person upon settlement of his liability if any, relating to value added tax and, as the case may be, supplementary duty.
(2) If the annual turnover of a registered person becomes less than the amount fixed by the Government under section 16 and the concerned officer is satisfied that the person is no longer required to remain registered under section 15, the concerned officer may, on the date fixed by him, cancel his registration in accordance with the procedure set by Rule.
(3) If the registration of a person is cancelled and if there is any tax or duty drawback or any other balance in the Current Account is due to him on the date of such cancellation, he shall be entitled to get refund of such balance or other balance as per the procedure set by rules, but the condition of claiming refund within six months as contained in the proviso to sub-section (1) of section 67 shall not apply in this case.
(4) Following cancellation of registration or enlistment under this Section, if the concerned officer is convinced that there lies any arrear to that person; then arrear and other payables will be realized from that person in the manner that he is a registered or enlisted person under this Act.